Butterflies are messengers from Spirit. Seeing them repeatedly is not a coincidence and you shouldn’t ignore their presence. Divine forces have a message for you. According to that, you’re probably wondering what does it mean when you see a butterfly? Below you’ll find your answer.
If you’re seeing butterflies all the time it can mean you’re ready for enormous change or even for a transformation in your life. Butterflies are known as a symbol of transformation in human life. You shouldn’t disregard their appearance in your world, try to be aware of the field of your life that in your view requires absolute changes.
In the next chapters, we’ll try to cover the topic spiritual meaning of seeing a butterfly in more detail. Specific situations are bringing different interpretations of seeing a butterfly. After reading this article you’ll have a better understanding of what does it mean when you see a butterfly. So, let’s check it!
- 1 What does it mean when you see a butterfly?
- 2 What does it mean when a butterfly flies around you?
- 3 What does it mean when a butterfly crosses your path?
- 4 What does it mean when you keep seeing butterflies?
- 5 What does it mean when a butterfly follows you?
- 6 What does it mean when you see two butterflies flying together?
- 7 What does a butterfly in your house mean?
- 8 What does it mean when you see a dead butterfly?
- 9 Seeing butterflies after someone dies
- 10 Are butterflies good luck or bad luck?
- 11 What does it mean when you see butterflies in your dream?
- 12 Conclusion
No time to read? Watch the “What does it mean when you see a butterfly?” instead.
What does it mean when you see a butterfly?
The meaning of seeing a butterfly in a way depends on of circumstances you’re encountering.
I’m sure we all can acknowledge that when we see a butterfly around us it fills us with joy and improves our mood. Even though butterflies are small animals, spiritually they are big.
In case you’re one of the people who are wondering what does it mean when you see a butterfly, you should know that answer to this question is not simple.
To be sure that you’re having the right interpretation of seeing a butterfly, you should memorize as many possible details. Some of them can be crucial.
One of the first things we notice when seeing a butterfly is its color. For determining its meaning, this is a crucial detail.
Below we will uncover what special meaning is hidden behind specific colors.
- White butterfly – Someone who you loved and who died wants you to know that’s with you and guiding you on your path.
- Black butterfly – Time came for a new chapter in your life. Look deep in yourself, maybe you already know what’s coming.
- Green butterfly – The Universe is sending you a message that you’re on the right path. In case a green butterfly is flying in circles overhead you have even more reasons to be happy. That means that wealth and healing will be soon there.
- Purple butterfly – In case you’re living a rough time and feeling down purple butterfly is sending you a message that divine intervention is on your way.
- Blue butterfly – This one is encouraging you to follow your dreams and never to give up.
- Yellow butterfly – Be aware of changes that are coming, keep your head clear.
- Brown butterfly – Get ready for good news. They’re arriving soon.
- Red butterfly – Sprit is around, you may want to say hello.
- Orange butterfly – Comes into your life to remind you about that goal.
What does it mean when a butterfly flies around you?
Having butterfly around us make us happy and wakes up something childish in us.
When seeing this marvelous creature most people will ask themselves what does it mean when a butterfly flies around them.
In the second part of this chapter, you’ll find out what you can expect from a butterfly visit.
The greeting from a loved one
Sometimes when our loved ones die and leave this world their messages are sent through special animals. The butterfly is one of them.
The message that this marvelous creature is sending you from your loved one is that you’re not alone.
The message from angels
Our guardian angels often are trying to help us in everyday struggles. From time to time they send us signs that we need to interpret in the right way for a purpose of resolving our doubts and problems.
Seeing a butterfly could mean that your angel is near and looking for you.
A metaphor of life journey
If we’re interpreting encounters with butterflies in this way we need to think about the life journey of butterflies.
At the beginning of his life journey, he is just a small egg on a plant leaf which later develops into a caterpillar.
Once done growing caterpillar forms a cocoon, and when ready that cocoon becomes a marvelous butterfly.
That can be a great metaphor for a soul’s journey on Earth. Humans as well start their journey as small embryos and continue to grow and transform
A metaphor for time
Unfortunately, almost all butterflies live just a week or two. That fact keeps us aware of the fleeting nature of time.
It’s necessary to think of time as an incredible gift which we should best we can just as butterflies.
So, if you are stuck in a bad relationship or have a nightmare job have in mind that time is too short and too precious.
What does it mean when a butterfly crosses your path?
Since ancient times people believe in animals and see them as a medium for communication with divine forces.
Having that in mind people always tried to understand messages which animals were bringing.
Usually, totem animals will appear to help us when we don’t know what to do at our life crossroads.
In case you don’t know what does it mean when a butterfly crosses your path, consider yourself lucky, you should follow the butterfly as your spirit animal.
Bellow, we’ll find out more about this totem animal and its special powers.
What does it mean when you keep seeing butterflies?
When an animal appears in front of you repeatedly that means it’s bearing an important message for you and you shouldn’t ignore it.
Seeing butterflies symbolizes a big transformation and personal growth.
A butterfly is there for you to encourage you to be brave and improve sections of your life that are bad.
From butterfly, you’re going to get helpful signs that the Universe is sending you.
Check them out:
- If you’re going through changes you’ll spot more butterflies around you. That means that the Spirit world wants you to know that you’re not alone on your way.
- Butterflies keep appearing around you to remind you to check a different perspective than you used to. It’s possible that you need to start becoming more aware of your thinking patterns and personal beliefs, and you should begin to shift internally.
- Maybe you’re carrying heavy vibrations after some difficult period in your life. Butterflies are flying around to point you to see life more carefree. Try to look at the situation in a lighter way.
- Don’t take your life for granted, that’s maybe the most important message that butterflies are bearing.
On the question of what does it mean when you keep seeing butterflies, there are even more answers, but those are the most important to have in mind.
What does it mean when a butterfly follows you?
When you’ve been followed by a butterfly that means that there is an important message that needs to be sent to you.
Probably your current situation (in career, love, other relationship) is requiring some intervention from divine forces.
You should try to understand what the message means before taking any action. So, what does it mean when a butterfly follows you?
It can be difficult to read such a message. To understand it first you should shut down inner voices. One of the possible messages is that you’re going to live a transformation.
To be able to do that you’re going to need to address all issues you have. After that, you can regrow and change.
Of course, every individual process of transformation may look different, even though the bigger picture remains the same for everyone.
What does it mean when you see two butterflies flying together?
Seeing 2 butterflies flying together around you can make you curious and have questions what does it mean when you see two butterflies flying together?
Great thing is that symbolizes a long life. There is a belief in China that two butterflies seen flying together are considered to be the perfect emblem of love.
What does a butterfly in your house mean?
Having butterflies in your house according to “World of Feng Shui” is a good omen.
The answer to the question of what does a butterfly in your house means is not simple and depends from country to country.
For example in Louisiana, white butterflies mean good luck for the homeowner. However, in Maryland, they symbolize death.
Bright-colored butterflies relate to romance, and dark-colored butterflies relate to career.
In the Philippines, a brown butterfly in the house symbolizes good luck, perhaps bringing money to the homeowner.
A lingering black butterfly in that culture indicates the death of a loved one.
What does it mean when you see a dead butterfly?
Seeing a dead animal is always an unpleasant thing and usually has some message hidden behind it.
As we already know butterflies are a symbol of change and transformation.
On the other hand, a dead butterfly is not meaning everything opposite to the butterfly’s original meaning.
It represents rebirth and awakening.
Below you can find the 5 most common answers to the question of what does it mean when you see a dead butterfly.
- A dead butterfly can mean that you are neglecting important things, like joy and the lightness of spirit. Butterflies are there to remind you to renew your connection with your inner joy and spirit.
- With a dead butterfly, the universe can tell you to break free from your cocoon. Reconsider your limitations, do check up on your mindset. Get rid of behavioral patterns which are pulling you back.
- By sending a deceased butterfly the universe is asking you, ‘where your lightness is gone?’ It could be that you have lost touch and tune with your essence and you’re still entrapped in some negative or detrimental cycle. Try to set your wings free.
- Seeing a dead butterfly can suggest that you’re not expressing yourself enough. Butterfly encourages you to speak your truth and allow your artistic self to shine.
- Maybe you’re one of those people who are gifted spiritually or physically, but you still didn’t discover your talents because of your intoxicants, pollutants, or harmful emotions and mental patterns.
Seeing butterflies after someone dies
Butterflies are beautiful creatures that come from heaven with special purposes.
In case you lost someone close to you recently you should not oversee seeing butterflies after someone dies.
They are sent to you for a reason, try to connect with them.
When a butterfly lands on you that’s a positive sign, it means your deceased loved one is sending you comfort and strength to overcome a tough time you’re experiencing.
Your thoughts are probably filled with thoughts or prayers for your loved one. The divine forces are aware of your pain and that’s why they are sending you their support.
Right after you encounter it you may feel struck of relief and joy after a visitation from this deeply spiritual insect.
That’s just the beginning of your long-lost peace. You’ll have the feeling that your deceased loved one is in a way still with you.
Are butterflies good luck or bad luck?
There is an often asked puzzle:” Are butterflies good or bad luck?” According to the personal experience of many people, butterflies are symbols of good luck.
They are beautiful creatures, symbolizing hope, joy, and love. Seeing them means that something great will happen in your life shortly.
Besides mentioned, butterflies are also known as a symbol of metamorphosis because of their specific cycle of life.
Keep in mind that killing a butterfly when it appears indicates bad luck for the remaining part of the year!
What does it mean when you see butterflies in your dream?
Dreaming about this marvelous creature can leave a great impression that we cannot rid of in reality as well.
Dreams with butterflies, in general, can indicate some sort of transition or transitional period in your life.
Having a butterfly in a dream is a positive sign, but there are a lot of additional interpretations on this topic.
So let’s check what does it mean when you see butterflies in your dream:
- The major transformation could be happening to you, the same way a caterpillar grows into a butterfly.
- An omen to death, but also a sign of the soul and resurrection.
- Change may occur gradually.
- You need to share yourself with the world.
- News from a distant friend is on the way.
- You’re going to experience romance and spirituality.
- Sign of successful life.
- Expression of hidden fears.
- You have feelings of being tied down.
- Enjoy more simple things in life.
After reading this article you probably have a better understanding of the spiritual meaning of butterflies.
We answered a question about what does it mean when you see a butterfly and covered the topic in detail.
In case you need to know more, don’t hesitate to write us, we’ll gladly find answers for you.